Thursday, July 22, 2010

LET THEM EAT CAKE!

For the first official Game Night I decided to go with a Marie Antoinette inspired theme a la LET THEM EAT CAKE!




I went to Michael's a couple of days before to pillage the racks for inspiration and goodies. We all know that Marie Antionette followed a strict diet of petit fours cupcakes and other sweeties, so the baking utencils aisle was my first stop. Bright pink cupcake liners and frosting coloring was a fantastic find. I also found little white boxes that had a clear top, and fit four smaller boxes within it, so that I could send the ladies off with lots and lots of sugary sweets. I even found silly ice cream cone lipglosses to top off the boxes with a bit of twine.




I bought tons of pink and white candies to go along with the theme. I displayed them in little bowls, put the mini-brownies with vanilla drizzle on a plate, and displayed the bright pink cupcakes on a cake stand I borrowed from my mom. (Truth be told, I bought the brownies at safeway, and topped them off with homemade vanilla frosting and round sprinkles I bought at Williams Sonoma. I think it's OK to cut yourself a little slack and combine homemade treats with semi-homemade ones ~ just make sure you dress them up accordingly.)




I found silly foam crowns for each of us to wear (I had to have the gold one ~ duh!)




For drinks, I bought Sofia Coppola's Blanc de Blancs, Sparkling Lemonade, and Grapefruit Perrier. Other guests brought 'Bitch Bubble' (for which I had searched high and low, to no avail) and vodka with lime-aid. A motley crew of bevvies that kept us satiated throughout the game.








The game I chose is called Loaded Questions, which is a hilarious game that tests your knowledge of how well you really know your friends. If you haven't tried it, it's a great game to play with old friends and family.







The most challenging part of the night was attempting to get everyone to stay focused on the game and keep tangent conversations to a minimum, but hey, at least I knew that everyone was having a great time.








So go on with your bad self and start a Game Night group of your own! I'm so looking forward to all of the creativity and craziness that will come out of this group of gals. But I think it's safe to say that we won't be sitting down to a game of Scrabble any time soon :) CHEERS, EVERYONE!!




No comments:

Post a Comment