Sunday, February 26, 2012

February Flower Arrangements

I love fresh flowers and I make a point of always having them in my apartment (yes, I buy them for myself, thank you very much).  I had the opportunity to make a few arrangements for an elegant dinner party for my boss last night, which was a fun assignment for me to take on.

I knew the dinner would feature many fabulous wines and would require a place setting with multiple wine glasses, so I wanted the arrangements to sit nicely amongst the glasses.  Nothing too tall, splashy, formal or cutesy.

I was due at The Cooking School for work at 3:30pm, so my mom and I headed to the SF Flower Mart in the morning to pick up vases and an array of fresh flowers.  Well, before I knew it it was 2:30pm, so I ended up arranging the flowers in my trunk outside my apartment!  I got quite a few curious stare downs by people who were walking down Divis, that's for sure.

Here are a few pics I was able to snap via iPhone.  

before

after!

greens, yellows and whites

packed up and ready to go
At the last minute, I ended up running to Safeway to buy one more bunch of flowers, as I thought the arrangements looked a little too wedding-y.  I chose petite purple lilies.

the table




this arrangement was my favorite because it's a little wild looking





the vases I chose had a black matte finish






colorful yet understated
Success!  My boss was very happy with the arrangements.  And that made me happy!

2 comments:

  1. Allie, these are fantastic!!! What beautiful & inspirational spring colors! Great job!!
    xoxo-
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete