Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Wasabi Arugula

I'm going to do my best to maintain a new recurring post called Tasty Tuesday. This short post will include whatever culinary obsession I'm currently loving on that given day.

Today's feature is Trader Joe's Wasabi Arugula. I LOVE me some arugula. Not only is it super healthy, it also packs some serious flavor at 25 calories per 2 cups. I was very excited to see this variety at the Trader Joes in North Beach, because I also happen to love wasabi. (PS their wasabi peas are dangerously addicting, and no, I have not ventured to look at that nutritional information).


Here's my lunchtime salad today which includes: wasabi arugula, organic tomato, yellow bell pepper, cabbage, ground turkey mixed with chili peppers and cumin (leftover from dinner on Sunday night), cilantro, and chopped turkey. This salad needed very little dressing due to its natural spiciness, so I tossed with with a little olive oil and balsamic.

What's on your menu today?

No comments:

Post a Comment