Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Roasted Veggies

Today's tasty tuesday entry is a super simple roasted vegetable recipe which includes eggplant, cauliflower and parsnips. *I apologize for the lame pics, I didn't feel like pulling out my good camera tonight!

I started by slicing the eggplant into strips and heavily salting each side as to let it sweat and tenderize - about 8 minutes per side.

Meanwhile, I cut 1 head of cauliflower, 3 small japanese eggplants (which I got for a whopping 97 cents at the civic center farmer's market!) and 2 medium parsnips into uniform sizes (this will allow them to all cook at the same rate).

I applied TJoes' Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray to all sides of (my grandma's!) metal roasting pan, and then tossed all of my vegetables in about 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil, 3 Tablespoons of salt, and about 30 cranks of TJoes' Lemon Pepper Seasoning. This is my favorite seasoning and I go through one of these each month! If this seems like too much salt
for you to handle, feel free to add less. It's always better to
start with too little and have the opportunity
to salt more later...


I then poured all of the veggies into the pan and roasted them for 60 minutes, pulling the pan out and stirring the veggies every 20 mintues.

The parsnips get really creamy, the eggplant very zesty and juicy, and the cauliflower still retains its crunch - and they all have that almost sweet tasting roasted flavor to them.



Roasting is so easy and foolproof, I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment