Friday, July 29, 2011

I am so excited to be in classes again on Wednesdays because the Civic Center Farmers Market takes place in the morning, and I can go after my 6am class. This market is much less expensive than the amazing Ferry Building Farmers Market. I had such success this past Wednesday that I had to show off all of my loot.


3 peaches: $3.40
pint of blueberries: $5.50
bag of supersweet orange cherry tomatoes: $4.00
8 mini eggplants: $1.90
bouquet of sunflowers and lavender: $7.00
mini bouquet of fresh lavender: $4.00
4 (finally ripe) vine-ripened tomatoes: $3.00
1 lb bag of unpasteurized raw almonds: $10.00
GRAND TOTAL: $38.80 - a real steal in my book!




Supersweet white peaches - perfect summertime dessert
tomatoes - loving them on salads
and mini eggplants - which I think I'll slice into rings and grill with a big of olive oil.




I love blueberries on my cereal in the morning -
and mixed with mango + pomegranate seeds.






These cherry tomatoes are so sweet you could eat them as dessert!
on Monday night I quick fried some fresh garlic in olive oil
and then tossed these in (halved) and then added them to colorful
rotini pasta and paired it with some tilapia.
such a treat!




Lavender always reminds me of my sister (in law) Amanda
it really adds such a soothing aroma to its surrounding
environment - here I added it to my existing
coffeetable arragement.





I always keep flowers in my kitchen
who says you can't buy flowers for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment