Monday, August 9, 2010

Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Rounds




This past weekend I made a quick trip to Denver, CO to pay a visit to my Grandma Barbara. My Aunt Laurie invited me to stay with her and my Uncle Todd and Cousin Molly ~ so I wanted to do something special as a thank you gift. Being fellow coffee lovers, I first bought them a bag of Blue Bottle coffee, and then I searched through my cookbooks for a good sounding cookie recipe. I also wanted to bake enough so that I could bring some to Grandma as well. This recipe caught my eye and the cookies ended up tasting fantastic - sweet with just the right amount of saltiness. It was also a great choice because the cookies were hearty and moist enough to endure my travels.

By the way, it wasn't until after I baked these that I realized I seem to be quite keen on Peanut Butter these days... interesting :)


ingredients
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used creamy)
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped cocktail peanuts
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces



instructions
1. In a large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium speed ~ about 30 seconds or till combined





2. Add about half of the flour to the butter mixture. Then add the sugar, brown sugar, eggs, baking powder, vanilla, and baking soda. Beat till thoroughly combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally. Then beat or stir in the remaining flour. Still in rolled oats and chopped peanuts and chocolate pieces.


















3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. (I laid down Parchment Paper just to be sure that the cookies did not stick) Bake in a 375 degree oven about 10 minutes or till edges are lightly browned. Remove cookies and cool on wire racks. Makes about 50.





Recipe c/o Better Homes and Gardens' Cookies Cookies Cookies copyright 1992

No comments:

Post a Comment