Sunday, December 19, 2010

all that glitters

Last week I made the somewhat absurd decision to buy the most amazing, sparking gold-glitter wrapping paper at Paper Source. I say absurd because I am pretty sure I'll be finding seeing glitter all over my apartment until NEXT Christmas - good thing I asked Santa for a new vacuum this year!

Here's a link in case you just have to purchase some yourself http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/item/Gold-Glitter-Wrapping-Paper/300_349/42055501.html

Here are some photos of a few ways in which I've used the paper. While I was baking cookies this morning I came up with the idea to buy some holiday candles in glass containers and decorate the outside as hostess gifts. Or in my case hostess and HOST gifts!




I also used some of the beautiful wrapping paper I bought from the Sundance Catalogue as well. In order to ensure a strong hold, I used spray adhesive to attach the pieces of paper to the glass.












Personally, I love receiving homemade gifts from people. I think that's another reason I love the holidays so much - because there is even more of an excuse to be creative and industrious and show people how much you love them!








1 comment: